Friday, October 15, 2010

Band Profile: Billy Steele

Okay boys and girls, we hope that you found yesterday's blog about Tyler interesting and hope you learned something about him maybe you didn't know. As promised we talked with Billy Steele and here's what he had to say:


Alright my influences,as a song writer I'm very influenced by Bob and Jakob Dylan, Jon Foreman of Switchfoot, Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters, Dustin Kensrue from Thrice, and George Harrison from the Beatles.

As a guitar player I am highly influenced by Keith Richards(The Stones), David Gilmour(Floyd) , Jack White, Chris Shiflett(Foo Fighters) John Mayer, and Mitchell Marlow(Classic Case).

I have only seriously played guitar for about 4 years now. I played drums for years in bands, and always dabbled with the guitar. Then Aside Oceans had some mad line up changes, and a guitar player was in need so I stepped away from the skins to really dig dip into the guitar.I found a home with it. I love it. I love the drums too, I just LOVE the guitar. I get to play all these songs that I write. I know all the other guys are contributing factors, and it is awesome hearing it all come together.

Here is a quote to live by:
"I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music."
- George Elliot -

Keep checking back guys for more info on the band we all know and love as Aside Oceans. Til next time...ROCK ON!!! \,,/

No comments:

Post a Comment